… in the Evening
(to the tune of Joshua Fit the Battle of Jerico — note: it was really the afternoon, but it just doesn’t scan)
- It’s Thursday morning as I begin to write this. Blessedly, Thesha took a sick day so that we were able to take one.
- But while it’s Thursday according to the calendar, I don’t know what it will be in my head. Because we usually have Fridays off, Cuppa and I already get to calling Thursday, Friday and confuse ourselves to no end. Seeing that Wednesday was our last workday this week, does that make Wednesday Friday in our minds? If so, what does that make today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday)? Surely, you can see my problem.
- I get so confused by this Thursday-Friday thing that one day I walked into the store on Friday demanding the Saturday specials. The cashier reminded me that it was Friday. I mumbled something about getting confused because I had the day off. She nodded knowingly — or pityingly, rather.
- My hockey team, the Montreal Canadiens, were excused from the playoffs last night. Too bad, so sad. If they had kept on winning, they could have played into June. Warning: I may have to blog more with the extra time. 😉
- Foolishly, I forgot to take a sleeping pill last night. That’s why I woke up around four o’clock and couldn’t get back to sleep. When I was trying to figure out why, I realized that I forgotten my pill. That’s the second time in the past few weeks. I don’t need the pill so much to get to sleep, although it helps, but I seem to need help to stay asleep.
- We will definitely be having a time close to home this weekend, but perhaps we will be up to taking in some local music events. A group of Celtic musicians will be playing at a local restaurant/pub on Saturday night, and the annual Fiddler’s Friends concert will held on Sunday afternoon. One or both might help to salvage both the week and the weekend.
- I am so hot this morning that I donned shorts and tee. It’s not even 70°F out, but it is very humid. I don’t think this Canadian
boycodger would last through a Texan or Floridian summer. (Which brings to mind the time I encountered two Mississippians in the Rockies. They were shivering in long pants and windbreakers while I was comfy womfy in shorts and tee.)
- Well now! Shortly after writing the above, the rains came and the winds howled. Our bbq blew over, our fence blew down, and shingles blew off our roof (or at least flapped like a flock of demented starlings). It was an old fence, but doggone it, it is (or was) a new roof.
- After much diligence by Cuppa and Thesha, Nikki Dee seems to be cootie free. But not cutie free. Never cutie free.
- It’s Thursday evening as I finish my little list. Due to Senior’s Day and the accumulation of points, we were able to purchase a new $150 sonic toothbrush set for $15 at the neighbourhood pharmacy/store. We also picked up two $10 coupons for Swiss Chalet (chicken rotisserie restaurant) in the bargain. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have enough points to cover roofs, fences and bbqs. 😦